Hello there! I'm Jon-Michael Lastimosa from Cebu, Philippines. This site mainly showcases my portfolio as a Senior Web Developer and Graphics Designer.
I'm currently developing my own WordPress theme called 'Lastimosa Theme' and it is based on Unyson Framework + Bootstrap 4. I'll be giving this theme for free. Please check it out in here.
I'm more of a Web Developer than a Web Designer. Though I love to do design work on Photoshop but I prefer programming because it is a more challenging task. You can checkout my coding skills on my GitHub account.
I'm a Programmer
GW Basic was the very first Programming Language I've learned way back in 1995. I had an "Excellence in Computer" award when I graduated in High School because of my effective skills in Turbo C programming. That inspired me to take up my Computer Engineering course.
I'm a Designer
My grandfather was a sculptor and being an artist runs in our blood. I love to draw and I've been playing around with Photoshop since year 2000 and has been improving my skills since then. Right now, I'm into Photography. I always love taking pictures and with my skills on post processing.
I'm a Photographer
Learning is a never ending curve. I always try to learn new things. Things that I love to do. I love to take photos using my DSLR and share them online. I'm also into cosplay and loves to shoot cosplayers. My wife is a cosplayer and I make the customs and props for her. 🙂
- Learned it way back in year 2000.
- Friendster made me love CSS.
- I've known Bootstrap since version 2.
- I no longer use LESS.
- I've made a switch to SASS since 2015
- Moving away from Codeigniter, I'm still learning Laravel. Beginner level.
- Yes, I know how to speak fluent English.
- I once worked as a Junior Editor for a year.
- I've learned PHP way back in College.
- I have more than a decade of WordPress Experience.
- I know how to use JQuery Libraries
- I know how to use cPanel and WHM.
- Started using it since version 7. PSD to HTML too! Slice 'em up!
- I also have a Wacom Tablet!
- I've started designing websites since 2010.
Here's more of my qualities as a Web Developer.
- Deep understanding of the WordPress template hierarchy, plugins, widgets, and shortcodes, and other CMS experience.
- Experience assessing, prioritizing, and solving technical problems related to interactive design.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a project team.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well on teams with colleagues from multiple departments and/or divisions. Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to articulate complex functionality to campus clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information.
- Organized, self-directed and self-disciplined.
- Write “clean”, well-designed code.
- Produce detailed specifications.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Able to create landing pages, niche sites and email marketing campaign designs.
- Install and configure WordPress sites.
- Convert PSD to WordPress theme.
- Convert website to WordPress.
- Integrate social media applications into WordPress sites.
- Develop responsive WordPress sites.
- Convert any WordPress theme to Mobile-First.
- Optimize/Speed up WordPress sites
- Customise WordPress themes.
- Customise WordPress plugins.
- Customise WordPress widgets.
- WordPress site and database migrations.
- Secure WordPress sites.
- Fix hacked WordPress sites.
Common WP Themes Experience
- Genesis Theme
- Enfold Theme
- Elegant Themes
- Avada Themes
- Thesis Theme
- iThemes Builder
WP Page Builders Experience
- Unyson Page Builder - So far the best I've used
- WPBakery Page Builder
- Visual Composer
- Beaver Builder
- Divi Builder
- SiteOrigin Page Builder
WP Plugins Experience
- Layer Slider
- Slider Revolution
- S2 Membership
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Gravity Forms
- and a lot more to mention
Other CMS Experience
Over the course of my over a decade of Web Development, I had experience using other CMS other than WordPress. Though WordPress has been my specialty, I've created, handled and modified sites using:
- Shopify <- Secondary Skill
- Web designing
- Banners and Ads
- Logo design
Email Marketing Experience
- Zapier Integrations